Re: [docbook-apps] Signed Docbook Website Transformation

On Tuesday 28 September 2004 11:23, Bob Stayton wrote:
> I believe you need to add XSLT templates to your stylesheet customization
> layer to handle your extended elements.  Do you have a specification of
> what the XHTML should look like for your new stuff?
>
> Bob Stayton
> Sagehill Enterprises
> DocBook Consulting
> bobs@sagehill.net
<snip>
I am attempting to build a kludge right now to do just that. ;)

Bob, it's obvious that you are a Docbook guru; so let me ask you a question:

Is XHTML technically considered XML(or compliant) by the appropriate standards
committee(s)?

I am still learning XML and/or XSLT as i go so bare with me. Is this
possible/correct for the XML Security <Signature> element?
<xsl:template match="Signature">
  <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes"><![CDATA[<!--]]></xsl:text>
    <xsl:apply-templates xpointer="self::element()" />
  <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes"><![CDATA[-->]]></xsl:text>
</xsl:template>

Maybe <xsl:comment>? Is my xpointer path correct?

I am "trying" to comment out the selected element. The problem is that as soon
as i do this the digital signature is then corrupted. Removal of the inserted
comments will return it to valid status. A pain for end-users, but it works.

If I sign XHTML, then the source is valid. I am not sure how it looks in a
browser. Probably invalidates the XHTML as far as W3C is concerned.

Ideas? Comments? TIA!