[docbook-apps] Multiplatform processing from the same source

Hello,

This is not a DocBook-specific question.  I have some DocBook XML
documents in a Subversion repository, and I want to be able to process
them on FreeBSD and WinXP/Cygwin machines.  A problem arises because
the customisation layer needs to know where the DocBook XSL
stylesheets are.  (Under Cygwin, the path is
"c:/cygwin/usr/local/share/xsl..." and under FreeBSD it is
"/usr/local/share/xsl...".  I cannot rely on a path relative to the
customisation file, as it can be checked out of Subversion anywhere.)

My understanding is that the 'href' attribute of 'xsl:import' can't
take a parameter, so I can't pass in something system-specific from
the Makefile (which would have been clumsy but sufficient).  Is there
an XSL solution to this problem?  If not, has anyone solved this with
some pre-processing?

--
Paul.

w  http://logicsquad.net/