[docbook-apps] HTML output contains "Ä"

Hello all,

I have a weird problem, my html output looks like this:

Copyright © 2003, 2004

Chapter 1. Introduction

Example 1.2

It appears in tables too. I've tried onechunk.xsl and chunk.xsl, but no
difference. I use xsltproc/xmllint, Docbook XML 4.3, Docbook XSL 1.65.1, and
it works fine in another project.

I've tried Konqueror and Mozilla -- same effect, it's in the sources. I've
searched my files for the weird character but it's not there. Everything
works fine(validates), except this.

What is the problem, what can it possible be, and where should I continue
looking?

Cheers,

			Frans