From: "Lars Bjerges" <lars.bjerges@foreningssparbanken.se>
To: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 4:59 AM
Subject: [docbook-apps] JavaHelp Index & ENTITIES

Hi
I have been watching the trail about JavaHelp especially index sorting and
found it very interesting.
There is however a couple of more notes on that I think, e.g.:

o Since DocBook supports three levels of index it would be nice to have that
  reflected in JavaHelp (i.e. expand- collaps-able JavaHelp view.
o If an index entry consists of more than one word I have noted that there
are a number of
  blanks inserted somehow inbetween the words (E.g. Wordix1, word2ix2
word2ix2).
  Does anyone know of a way to get rid of those?
o If I use the quote-markup or xref in my document the idea is to surround
these with quotation marks.
  These are generated as entities (&ldquo; and &rdquo;). The problem is that
the Sun JavaHelp system
  (2.0) does not render these but outputs the actual text instead. I have
tried to use different encodings
  but to no avail. Does anybody know how to get rid of these and have the
result rendered nicer?
o Another problem I have found is that the generated *.xml-files have
entities for "foreign" characters, e.g
  &aulm;, &aring and so on. Since I am looking at writing a (java) utility
to fix collapsible indexes I have
  had some problem to get a java-parser to read these files since xml does
not know these entities by itself.
  One way to fix this, I think, would be to encode the *.xml files as UTF-8
and have the characters generated
  as hex instead.

Regards

Lars Bjerges