Re: [docbook-apps] Customizing applethelp.xsl: A few questions

Well, in regards to my first two customizations, you've likely saved me several hours of trial-and-error. Thank you very much!

Dave Shevitz

Gisbert Amm wrote:

David Shevitz wrote:

> 1. Control the names of the HTML files that are created. Ideally, I'd
> like them to have the same name as the top-level heading in the file.
> For example, if the highest level headnig is "Section 1," I'd like the
> filename to be Section 1.html. (Hm. Would the space prove problematic?)

You probably only need to set the parameter "use.id.as.filename" and provide your section elements with a proper id attribute (and yes, the space would of course leed into difficulties).

see http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/doc/html/use.id.as.filename.html

> 2. Control when new HTML files are created. For example, I'd like to
> create new HTML pages for both Section 1 headings and Section 2
> headings. (Right now, it appears it creates a new page for every Section
> 1 heading only).

You probably can achieve the desired behavior setting the parameter chunk.section.depth to "2".

see http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/doc/html/chunk.section.depth.html

Your 3th question I cannot answer.

Regards,
Gisbert Amm