Re: [docbook-apps] Master thesis in DocBook

Hi Per,

You might look at this archive for the subject:
   "What is status of open-source XSLT to PDF?"
just this past week.

There were a number of replies to my question, which
had similar content and were helpful to me in
determining what one can expect when using open-source
toolchain in processing Docbook XML.

However, you also have an additional requirement
that I did not have to address -- equations (MathML).
I don't know what to say about that aspect.

Hope this helps to some extent.

Per Zetterlund wrote:
Hello,

I've recently started working on my master thesis. It'll be a report containing
about 70 pages with figures, images and equations. Is it any use trying to use
DocBook to write it? Is there tools of enough high quality to make printable
PDFs with figures (SVG), images (JPEG, PNG) and equations (MathML)?
Does anyone on the list have experience in writing thesises (or similar) in
DocBook?

Thanks,

Per

Jeffrey L. Franks  (web)  http://www.motiftools.org