RE: [docbook-apps] Re: DocBook Stylesheets for ASCII conversion?

I'd suggest creating a customization layer for your docbook to html step that renders urls inline without the <a href..>, makes uses section numbers to indicate the target of xrefs, and alters the inline formatting to your liking. I suspect you'd want to suppress the index too. I ended up doing "links -dump $1 | tr -d '\000'" to get rid of some garbage characters.

"Supply html customization optimized for producing plain text" would be a good feature request.

David