Re: [docbook-apps] profiling and empty table columns

Jeremy Praissman wrote:

I'm using attributes to control the content of some columns in a table. In some versions of the document I'm working on, certain columns won't contain any data. Ideally, in these versions, empty columns would be removed during processing. For example, in one version of my document, the last column is empty. But, the tgroup tag still contains cols='5', so the empty column is still in the (html) output - a bunch of empty boxes in this case.

Profiling can't handle this out of the box. You must either modify stylesheets or use upcoming DocBook 4.3 which supports HTML tables. In HTML table model you are not forced to specify column count as in CALS table model.

Jirka

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz
  http://www.kosek.cz