Re: [docbook-apps] RE: [docbook] DocBook XML example projects posted. One formatted with FrameMaker 7.0. One formatted with DocBook XSL.

On Sunday 21 March 2004 10:23 pm, David Cramer (Tech Pubs) wrote:
> Steve,
> I've long wondered if it would even be possible to get frame's EDD stuff to
> work with a DTD as rich as docbook.
> Thank you for sharing your findings in
> such detail.

You're welcome.

> If you haven't already, you should definitly take a look at Eliot Kimber's
> comparison of fo renderers:
>
> http://www.isogen.com/papers/production-quality-xsl-fo.pdf

Thanks. That document is very informative.

> Btw., you've got a couple of params declared twice:
>
> $ saxonize -o f2Arch.fo f2Arch.xml f2Arch.xsl

OK, fixed. Thanks for pointing that out. I can't very well be posting an
example project that contains errors.

I'm interested in the command you used above, "saxonize". Where does that come
from, and what does it do? I don't think I have that one available on my
system.

Steve Whitlatch