From: "Yan Bilik" <yan.bilik@wanadoomaps.com>
To: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 6:19 AM
Subject: [docbook-apps] bibliography target file problem

Hello,

I wrote a bibliography docbook file, which contains several biblioentries.
This file should allow three things:
1. other documents use it to generate their own included partial
bibliography section
2. the bibliography file will produce a standalone complete XHTML
bibliography
3. other documents use the "olinks" mechanism in order to create href to the
standalone complete bibliography.

(1) and (2) work well.
In order to allow (3), I have to generate the target data for the
bibliography. I use xsltproc (last binaries files) and the docbook
stylesheets 1.65.1:
---------
xsltproc --stringparam collect.xref.targets "only"
   --stringparam targets.filename "bib.db"
   /docs/docbook/xsl/xhtml/docbook.xsl bib.xml
---------

Hélas, the resulting target data seems not to be valid. There are no
warnings while building it, but when I compile another docbook document with
the target database document (which includes, after xinclude replacements,
the bibliography target file contents), I get the following warning:
---------
bib.db:4: parser error : Extra content at the end of the document
</obj><obj element="biblioentry" href="#iso3166" number=""
targetptr="iso3166">
      ^
---------

And of course, <olink>s are not solved (eg: <olink targetdoc="bib"
targetptr="iso3166"/>)
Any idea ?

Yan Bilik