[docbook-apps] fop problems

Hi,

I've been successfully using DocBook to create HTML for a while now.
A user requested a printable manual, and I thought it would be a good
time to check out how to create PDF's, so on my Debian unstable
machine, I installed the latest FOP available there, 0.20.5-4 and,
using the docbook-xsl installed, attempted to create a PDF from my
XML:

xsltproc  -o rivet.fo /usr/share/sgml/docbook/stylesheet/xsl/nwalsh/fo/docbook.xsl rivet.xml

So far so good.

fop -fo rivet.fo  -pdf rivet.pdf &> oputfile

This seems to generate a lot of errors, characterized by lines such as:

[ERROR] property - "background-position-horizontal" is not implemented yet.
[ERROR] property - "background-position-vertical" is not implemented yet.
Error creating background image: Error creating FopImage object (http://docbook.
sourceforge.net/release/images/draft.png) : Jimi image library not available

[ERROR] Unknown enumerated value for property 'relative-align': baseline
[ERROR] Error in relative-align property value 'baseline': org.apache.fop.fo.exp
r.PropertyException: No conversion defined

[INFO] area contents overflows area in line

The resulting PDF file doesn't seem to include parts of my text, bits
of XML such as:

	    <varlistentry>
	      <term>
		<cmdsynopsis>
		  <arg>BeforeScript</arg>
		  <arg><replaceable>script</replaceable></arg>
		</cmdsynopsis>
	      </term>
	      <listitem>
		<para>
		  Script to be evaluated before each server parsed
		  (.rvt) page.  This can be used to create a standard
		  header, for instance.  It could also be used to load
		  code that you need for every page, if you don't want
		  to put it in a <option>GlobalInitScript</option>
		  <option>ChildInitScript</option> when you are first
		  developing a web site.
		  <note>
		    This code is evaluated at the global level, not
		    inside the request namespace where pages are
		    evaluated.
		  </note>
		</para>
	      </listitem>
	    </varlistentry>

Where the cmdsynopsis is more or less not there or 'messed up' (see
the PDF).

The .fo file, the resulting .pdf and the oputfile containing the
errors may be found at http://dedasys.com/tmp/

Eventually, I will have to fix up the output in any case to make it
better match the HTML, but I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't get
something at least reasonable on the first go.  Any help or insights
into what I must do to make things work at this point are more than
welcome.

Thankyou for your time,
--
David N. Welton