Re: [docbook-apps] how to print a pdf?

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004, Lucas Brasilino wrote:

> > I created a PDF file with xsltproc.  Most images that it contains are EPS.
> > AcroRead does not know how to display them.  According to the FAQ it
> > nevertheless should be possible to print them on a postscript aware
> > printer.  However, I have not managed to get the images printed on this
> > system:
> > 	Win2K
> > 	AcroRead
> > 	HP OfficeJet 5si
> > Are there any particular printer settings or AcroRead options that I
> > should use?  I have the impression that AcroRead renders the pages before
> > sending them to the printer, and it skips the EPS images.
>
> 	xsltproc doesn't create a PDF file. It transforms a Docbook XML
> document into a FO document for further a FO processor create a PDF
> file.  You should used FOP, passivetex or someone else. Which one?

You are right, I use fop for the final rendering.  But anyway, given the
PDF with Encapsulated PS, how do I get it printed?  Does anyone know
whether AcroRead does some rendering and skips the EPS it doesn't
understand - so could I turn that off?  Or is it a printer setting?

--

	Tom "thriving on chaos" Peters