Re: [docbook-apps] Validation Error with Glossary Database

Sean Wheller wrote:
Hi,

I have a document with glossterm entries that look as follows:

<glossterm linkend="gt_ttl">term to link</glossterm>

When I transform the glossary is stripped and generated as expected.

But I can't validate the document.
I get back
E An element with the identifier "gt_ttl" must appear in the document.

I dont want to switch back as the transform now works on all glossterms with the desired result that there are no missing glossentries in the Glossary. But validation is essential.

Where could the problem be?

hmm, probably linkend is defined as IDREF, so the element with corresponding ID must be present.

Anyway, you can omit the linkend attribute in glossterm, the (xsl) stylesheets still will build your glossary.

markus