Re: [docbook-apps] Re: xml to mp3

(I realise this is slowly drifting off-topic, but just out of
interest...)

On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 07:39:01AM +0100, Steinar Bang wrote:

> FWIW None of my listitems have a full stop at the end.
>
> Ten years ago, I was told by a former co-worker, a typographer (and
> an Englishman), that they shouldn't have.

Of course, typographical style varies with time, language and
geography, but (also FWIW) the Commonwealth of Australia's 'Style
manual' recommends a full stop (and an initial capital) if the list
item is a complete sentence, and no punctuation (or initial capital)
if the list item is a sentence fragment, except for the final list
item which should end with a full stop.  Needless to say, a single
list should contain list items all of one type or the other.

--
Paul.

mailto:paulh@logicsquad.net
mailto:phoadley@maths.adelaide.edu.au