Re: [docbook-apps] Modular docbook with modular entities

* Bob Stayton; <bobs@sagehill.net> on 26 Jan, 2004 wrote:
What does common/book_info.xml look like? Does it have
entity declarations in the DOCTYPE?

No it does not have the entity declarations

What happens when you run the validation check on the file?

Fails as it cannot

toganm@earth:~/projects/sfnet/suse/xml/common> xmllint --noout
--xinclude --postvalid preface.xml preface.xml:188: error: Entity 'Changes' not defined
<xi:include href="&Changes;" xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude";
parse="

Now when I included the entity declartion it does validate :-)

You may need to resort to a catalog file to resolve relative
references into absolute paths so they work regardless of
where the sourcing file is located.

Ok I will probably adding more questions to this thread. At least you gave a starting point rather than me rowing againsta the current.

Thanks

--

Togan Muftuoglu