[docbook-apps] Getting current section title in header?

Is it possible to get the current section title into the header for
articles?

I'm trying to customize the header.content template.

As in the pagesetup.xsl original, I get the document title using:
  <xsl:apply-templates select="." mode="titleabbrev.markup"/>

According to Bob's book,
	http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/PrintHeaders.html#d0e13380
this will match the current section in book, and the article, chapter,
or appendix header, in non-book.

According to the next section,
	http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/PrintHeaders.html#PrintHeadersText
the header.content template is called with element that starts a page
sequence.

Ie. the header.template for all pages will be called with select="."
matching the start of the page sequence.

There is nothing matching the current page's position in the document,
and therefore nothing I can see that I can use to find the current
section title (by current section, I mean the first section on a page,
if there are more than one section starting on a page).

Or is there something I haven't found yet?

Thanx!

- Steinar