Re: [docbook-apps] Resolver Classes (Version 1.1) Cannot find CatalogManager.properties

I found the fix. So, this post will record that fix into the
docbook-apps archive.

Although ~/jre/lib/ext can be a convenient place to put jar files so
that they are automatically included in the CLASSPATH, Resolver
Classes (Version 1.1) may not work as expected if placed there.

Here is some information I found through google.
from a post just a few days ago at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/server-user@james.apache.org/msg01916.html
************
.
.
.

> I'm curious as to why James doesn't use jars in the ext directory?
The reason is that problems can arise related to the JRE extension
files in the /ext directory into the system classpath. This can cause
all sort of trouble if you are running some particular version of a
xml parse that's not compatible with something bundled in the JRE ext
directory. The solution in Phoenix is to declare a different ext
directory u default. The solution in Merlin is to use the standard
ext directory but allow the possibility to override this if there is
a problem.
.
.
.

The fix?
 - Remove resolver.jar from ~/jre/lib/ext
- Place resolver.jar and CatalogManager.properties on the CLASSPATH

It won't work if one leaves a copy of resolver.jar in ~/jre/lib/ext

 . . . not the best solution . It would be better if the
incompatibilities were eliminated, but at least I know what not to
do.

Steve Whitlatch