Re: [docbook-apps] website - incorporating html inside a page ?

Hi Bob,

thanks a lot for your tips, they were very helpful indeed.

I managed to do what I wanted to by following your advice and
devising a strategy to transform the original html file via
xhtml/xsl into something that can be inserted in docbook website.

Here is a small summary/guide to insert html into docbook. But
this could certainly also be modified for eg including external
fo into db-fo.
Three things are required for this to work properly:

1) modify the xml source

In order for that to work properly, I insert the processing
statement into a website webpage after the head tag, included
within a section, like follows:

[website-xml-file]:
[..]
     </head>
    <webtoc/>
    <section>
      <?htmlcode test.html ?>
    </section>
[..]

2) modify the xsl customization

In the xsl-customization I use your code snippet:

  <!-- this is for inserting verbatim html code -->
  <xsl:template match="processing-instruction('htmlcode')">
    <xsl:variable name="code" select="document(normalize-space(.),/)"/>
    <xsl:copy-of select="$code/foo/*"/>
  </xsl:template>

3) create the html snippet (or document) to be inserted

To obtain the code to be inserted (wrapped into <foo> .. </foo> etc),
I use a little script devised for that purpose. If anybody is interested,
the two corresponding files can be found at

http://baaden.nerim.net/pub/html2insert.sh
http://baaden.nerim.net/pub/xhtml2body.xsl

usage is briefly explained in the html2insert.sh comments.

Thanks again for your support and valuable input,
Best wishes,
Marc

--
 Dr. Marc Baaden - Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics, Oxford University
 mailto:baaden@smplinux.de  - ICQ# 11466242 -  http://www.marc-baaden.de