Re: [docbook-apps] Soft line breaks in XSL:FO output

> Platform: DocBook XML 4.2,
> 	  DocBook XSL 1.60.1,
> 	  xsltproc 1.0.27,
> 	  fop 0.20.5
>
> Is there a way to introduce soft line breaks into XSL:FO output?
>
> I have two URLs in table cells, that breaks in this manner:
>   ht-
>   ttp://somemachine/path/to/some-
>   where
>
> And that looks a bit silly.

Soft linebreaks are called zero-width space in Unicode, 200B hexadecimal.
Insert \x200b during preprocessing at points where you want the URL to be broken, turn
hyphenation off for that part of the text and don't use an FO processor that breaks
line when it is not asked to.

David Tolpin
http://davidashen.net/