[docbook-apps] Re: Best practise: Directories and location of images

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 16:14:24 +0200
"Kenneth Johansson" <ke-joh@sectra.se> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm working with both modular and single documents. I would
> like the community's views on how to structure the documents
> and where to put images.
>
> Take my modular documents for instance. Each document has its
> own directory. Each chapter has its own directory. Most of the
> sections are placed in the chapter directory. Sections with
> subsections has a directory. Each directory has a image
> directory.
>
> Single documents have a directory of their own which includes a
> directory for images.
>
> Please give me you 2 cents on how to best structure my files
> and images.

We have such schema for modular documents:

document (dir with document)
document.xml (main xml)
document/images (images for document)
document/images/path-to-document-image.ext (filenames for
images, must be uniq)

document/subdocument (dir for subdocument)
document/subdocument/subdocument.xml (main xml for subdocument)
etc.

Subdocuments included by XInclude. Images collected by
http://docs.altlinux.ru/releases/xsl/current/common/collect_images.xsl
This style all references to images separated by space.

<skipped/>

--
Regards, Vyt
mailto:  vyt@vzljot.ru