RE: [docbook-apps] How to change the font size of a single character?

How are you selecting the letter in question?  What logic are you using to
determine the "BIG" letter?  Is it the first letter of the first para in a
chapter, or is it arbitrary?  Are you putting that letter inside of an
element (highly recommended)?  Which output format are you targeting?  If
HTML, do you want the styling to be inline CSS or in an external style
sheet?