Re: [docbook-apps] a few more questions

[Sorry Bob, I did not send it to the mailing list the first time.]

On Tuesday 15 July 2003 09:37, Bob wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 02:07:02AM +0100, CPH wrote:
> > Hi again,
> > 	I have some problems with the output of docbook-xsl 1.61.3 chunking.
> > 1) I keep getting a "Â" ( OK it dissappears when I tell the browser that
> > the encoding is UTF-8. I know that if I add :
> > <META HTTP-EQUIV="CONTENT-TYPE" CONTENT="text/html; charset=utf-8">
> > the problem disappears. So how can I get this put automaticcaly into all
> > my generated files.
>
> Try setting the parameter 'chunker.output.encoding' to
> UTF-8.
OK, even though it seems that it's really a problem with the website software
I'm using.

> > 2) The generated TOC for a file with <sect1><title><sect2><title><sect3>
> > <title><sect3><sect3<title>etc...
> > generates
> > a hyperlink to sect1 with the title of sect1
> > a hyperlink to sect2 with the title of sect2
> > the title of sect3
> > a hyperlink to sect3 with the titile of sect3
> > Is this a bug or a feature ?
>
> Sounds like a bug.  Do you have a sample file that
> illustrates the problem?
Can I send it to you offline ?

> > 3) My document is basically a FAQ which has the structure :
> > Section ( using the <sect1> docbook tag )
> > 	SubSection ( using the <sect2> docbook tag )
> > 		Question ( using the <sect1> docbook tag )
> > 		Answer ( using the <para> docbook tag )
> >
> > I'm not quite finished the FAQ and have some empty SubSections which may
> > be empty for a while. However for the generated HTML I'd like to suppress
> > the generation of the "empty" subsections. Is that possible ?
> > e.g. for the following :
> > <sect2><title>On Mac</title></sect2>
> > <sect2><title>On Solaris</title></sect2>
>
> You can "turn off" selected sections by using the profiling
> features of the stylesheets.  For info on profiling, see:
>
> http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/Profiling.html
OK, I'll have alook at this.

> BTW, Most DocBook FAQs are written using qandaset and qandaentry
> elements.  Would those help here?
My problem is that I'd like to use OpenOffice as my XML editor. And at the
moment it's support of Docbook is (from my basic understanding of Docbook)
rather rudimentry.
But I may indeed move to it.

I have another question also : currently email links are :
<olink targetdocent="mailto:users@openoffice.org";>users@openoffice.org</olink>
and are translated using docbook-xsl to :
whereas I was expecting something like:

Is the original olink line incorrect ?
Or is it the transform ?
Thanks,