[docbook-apps] Re: Table Issues - again

Bob,

Thanks for the input. This probably seems like deja-vous seeing as I just
asked this same question a few weeks ago. I thought I got everything worked
out, and then suddenly it's not working again.

Here's what's in the classpath

C:\DocBook\XSL\docbook-xsl-1.59.1\extensions\xalan2.jar;
C:\Downloads\FOP\fop-0.20.4\build\fop.jar;
C:\Downloads\xalan2\xalan-j_2_4_1\bin\xalan.jar;
C:\Downloads\xalan2\xalan-j_2_4_1\bin\xml-apis.jar;
C:\Downloads\xalan2\xalan-j_2_4_1\bin\bsf.jar;
C:\Downloads\xalan2\xalan-j_2_4_1\bin\xercesImpl.jar;

And here's what I typed at the command line:

java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -out test.html -in test.xml -xsl
C:\DocBook\XSL\docbook-xsl-1.59.1\html\docbook.xsl -param use.extensions 1
-param tablecolumns.extension 1

Thanks again for your help.

                      Bob Stayton
                      <bobs@sco.com>           To:       JABakken@dstsystems.com
                                               cc:       docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
                      06/09/2003 12:36         Subject:  Re: Table Issues - again
                      PM

[I'm moving this thread over to docbook-apps]

On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 08:37:34AM -0500, JABakken@dstsystems.com wrote:

> I am using Xalan to transform an xml file into an html file. I have a
table
> included in the xml file, in which I specified the column widths. I am
> trying to use the parameters use.extensions and tablecolumns.extension,
but
> am receiving the following error message:
>
> file:///c:/DocBook/xsl/docbook-xsl-1.59.1/html/table.xsl; Line #388;
Column
> #42; No adjustColumnWidths function available.

This error is usually the result of a problem in
the CLASSPATH.  Either extensions/xalan2.jar file
was left out, or the path is incorrect, or the
syntax of CLASSPATH is wrong, or the file is unreadable.

> I had used these parameters about three weeks ago, and all was well. So
I'm
> not quite sure why suddenly they are not working.

Hard to say.
Did anything in your command line change?

> Also, I am assuming that if I want to use version 1.60.1 of the
stylesheet,
> that I must change the classpath. Is that all I need to do?

The classpath is used for the extension jar file, but not
for the stylesheet itself.  Your command needs to point
to the new stylesheet file directly (or through an XML
catalog file).

                                            email: bobs@sco.com