[docbook-apps] Using DocBook XSL stylesheets with Japanese data - extra quotation marksinserted

Hi,

We are using the XSL stylesheets to transform XML reference pages to HTML. However, wherever we have a cross reference to a section heading (<refsect[1|2|3]><title>) the text generated, while it is displayed correctly (as underlined blue text) is surrounded by quotation marks. And not Japanese quotation marks, (which look like small right angles at the bottom left (open quote) or upper right (closed quote) of the text but regular English double quotation marks (" ").

In English, these quotation marks are not generated for xrefs at all, and we can't figure out how to get rid of them.

Anyone out there run into this before and have some suggestions?

Thanks,

Nancy

_______
Nancy P Harrison