Re: [docbook-apps] Re: DSSSL/XSL: act on an attribute and then do the usual thing?

On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 01:18:39PM -0400, Sam Steingold wrote:
> > * In message <3EBFD1E4.1000607@kosek.cz>
> > * On the subject of "Re: DSSSL/XSL: act on an attribute and then do the   usual thing?"
> > * Sent on Mon, 12 May 2003 18:55:00 +0200
> > * Honorable Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> writes:
> >
> > Sam Steingold wrote:
> >
> > > The bottom line is : how do I write:
> > > (element quote
> > >   (let ((role (attribute-string (normalize "role"))))
> > >     (make element gi: "STRONG" attributes: (list (list "CLASS" role))
> > >           now-transform-the-original-quote-the-standard-way-as-if-there-was-no-role)))
> >
> > use next-match instead of
> > now-transform-the-original-quote-the-standard-way-as-if-there-was-no-role
>
> (element quote
>    (let ((role (attribute-string (normalize "role"))))
>      (case role
>        (("pacakge")
>         (make element gi: "STRONG" attributes: (list (list "CLASS" role))
>               (next-match)))
>        (else (next-match)))))
>
> does not work.

You have made a typo in the "pacakge" case value, which would explain
why your <strong> element is not generated.  According to the draft of
the standard (section 12.4.3., bottom of page), it looks like it
should work:

| (next-match)
| (next-match style)
|
| Returns the sosofo that results from applying the next most specific
| construction rule that matches the current node. If style is
| specified, then that style shall become the current overriding style
| for the evaluation of that construction rule.

Note that, if you call (next-match) within a non-default mode, the
"next most specific construction rule" is the construction rule in the
default mode if you have defined any.

BTW, I suppose that you checked that, without this redefinition of the
"quote" construction rule, you got what you expected ?

HTH,
--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Technical support manager                Responsable de l'assistance technique