RE: [docbook-apps] Footnote marks in FO output

I've been meaning to try this myself and just haven't found the time yet.  I
was going to try adding it to the <fo:root/> element so that it applies
everywhere.  I don't know of any problems that would be caused by a
line-height-shift-adjustment of 'disregard-shifts'.

If that does cause problems, a template like this would probably handle 90%
of the cases:

<xsl:template
match="para[.//footnote|.//footnoteref|.//superscript|.//subscript]">
 <fo:block line-height-shift-adjustment="disregard-shifts">
  <xsl:apply-imports/>
 </fo:block>