Re: [docbook-apps] xsl: generating id's at wrong place ?

On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 05:33:04AM +0200, Jens Skripczynski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed, that some references and page numbers in my pdf file are
> missing and I investigated a bit:
>
> It seems that saxon (and xalan) do not generate pagenumbers and links for
> - main page
> - chapters
> - References
>
> Comparing the links, that are generated with the missing I noticed links ending in
>   <fo:page-sequence id="d0e2064" hyphenate="true" master-reference="index-draft" language="en" format="1">
> are not linked.  others like:
>       <fo:block id="d0e194">
> are.
>
> I do not know, if this is an processing-error since both xsl processors
> get it wrong, would it be an idea to move the id to some empty fo:block
> element ?

This is a known issue, and the problem is with FOP,
not Saxon or Xalan.  Putting the id on the fo:page-sequence
should work, and it does in XEP and PassiveTeX, but
not FOP.  I think Norm had an idea of how to fix
this, so perhaps it will be in the next release.
There is a workaround in the docbook-apps archive.

                                            email: bobs at sco dot com