[docbook-apps] Re: DocBook slides and XHTML validation

/ Geoff Leach <gl at cs dot rmit dot edu dot au> was heard to say:
| The modifications include using a frameset doctype for those chunks
| which include framesets - necessary for validation. I've gone about
| it as follows in slides/xsl/xhtml/frames.xsl:

Bug report that, please.

| <xsl:template name="doctype-public">
|   <xsl:param name="frameset" select="0"/>
|   <xsl:choose>
|     <xsl:when test="$frameset != 0">
|       <xsl:text>-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Frameset//EN</xsl:text>
|     </xsl:when>
|     <xsl:otherwise>
|       <xsl:text>-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN</xsl:text>
|     </xsl:otherwise>
|   </xsl:choose>
| </xsl:template>
|
| (and likewise for doctype-system).
|
| In <xsl:template match="slides"> I've inserted calls to the
| doctype templates:
|
|   <xsl:variable name="doctype-system">
|     <xsl:call-template name="doctype-system">
|       <xsl:with-param name="frameset" select="1"/>
|     </xsl:call-template>
|   </xsl:variable>
|
| and I've modified the relevant calls to write.chunk to include the
| doctype parameters. Not sure if reusing names is frowned upon,
| but its just draft anyway.
|
| Not sure if the above is reasonable, but I'm now looking at how best
| to fold the changes back into slides/xsl/html/frames.xsl so that it
| all unfolds nicely.

It sounds reasonable. Certainly for XHTML validity a doctype is
necessary on the frames files.

| At present the chunker doctype parameters arent modified by
| html2xhtml.xsl, and I'm seeking advice about that too (also in another
| related post).

I think Bob pointed you to stylesheet.result.type.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

- --
Norman Walsh <ndw at nwalsh dot com>      | Consume less, share more.
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ |
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee |