docbook-apps indexdiv/title letters overprinting column one in a two column index

Hello,

I'm using XSL stylesheets 1.60.1, with v1.19 of fo/index.xsl, then XEP
to generate PS and PDF.

The bold letters which are the indexdiv/titles are being printed too
far left in the second column of a two-column index, and, in fact,
they overwrite text in the first column.  I gather from
fo/pagesetup.xsl that a multi-column index is truly a multi-column
page-master, and not a table on a single-column page.  I am not
familiar with setting up a multi-column page in XSL-FO -- are the
margins of each column specified independently?  If so, I wonder
whether the left margin in the second column is too far left?  If not,
I am open to other suggestions as to the cause.  Has anyone else seen
this in a multicolumn index?

(I get the same behaviour with an stylesheet-generated index and an
index included as an entity.)

--
Paul.

mailto:paulh at logicsquad dot net
mailto:phoadley at maths dot adelaide dot edu dot au