Re: Overiding Chapter Title formatting

On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 01:02:19PM -0500, Brian Burridge wrote:
> I see how to do this:
> <xsl:param name="local.l10n.xml" select="document('')"/>
> <l:i18n xmlns:l="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/xmlns/l10n/1.0";>
>   <l:l10n language="en">
>     <l:context name="title">
>       <l:template name="chapter" text="Chapter&#160;%n&#160;%t"/>
>     </l:context>
>   </l:l10n>
> </l:i18n>
>
> But I want to put a line break after the "Chapter X" and before the
> Chapter Title. How do I put a page break in there?

Line breaks in FO are not as easy as with HTML's <br> tag.
Each line should appear in its own <fo:block>:

<fo:block>Chapter 3</fo:block>
<fo:block>My Chapter Title</fo:block>

You can't do that by editing the gentext templates.
Here is how you can do it with a customization layer.

Currently the chapter titles are designated in
fo/titlepage.templates.xml to use the 'component.title'
template to format the chapter title.  You would have to
clone the component.title template (from fo/component.xsl)
to a customization layer (say, to a template named
'chapter.title'). Then designate that new template in
titlepage.templates.xml to be used for chapter.  Then
generate from that a new titlepage.templates.xsl for your
customization so the chapter.title template is used
for chapters.

Your customized 'chapter.title' template would have
to use mode="label.markup" to get the "Chapter X" part,
and put that in one fo:block.  Then it would have to
use mode="title.markup" (instead of "object.title.markup
which does the label and title), and put that in
a second fo:block.

                                            email: bobs at sco dot com