Docbook setup on Debian 3.0

I want to restart my DocBook efforts. ?I have SGML source and want to produce
HTML and PDF docs.

Should I start by installing these packages: docbook, docbook-dsssl?

I asked the same question on debian-user but so far I've gotten no replies.
There is a lot of stuff I could install, but I want install only what is
necessary.

Thanks for any info.
--
Mike M.