Context dependent styling of footnotes

Hello,

there has been a report one year ago about a problem with footnotes in
docbook-xsl where they have the same style as the block where they are
anchored. Using 1.60.1, I still see this problem with Fop, but not
with Xep. The problem goes away if I add
font-weight="normal"
font-style="normal"
margin-left="0pc"
to the fo:footnote-body element in the template for footnote.

I wanted to ask if Fop is really to blame for this, since by reading
Dave Pawson's book on XSL-FO on page 27 he sais that footnotes do
inherit properties from the content in which they occur. If this is
the case, is it possible to correct this problem in the distribution?

Regards,
Michael