Re: Docbook xsl stylesheets and accessibilityrequirements?

Steve.Nunez@bluewave.com wrote:

I believe that a summary of the difficulties encountered with docbook-xsl
would be very helpful, both for myself and perhaps for the developers (say,
are any of the developers here? Comments?). This would let folks more
easily decide whether they should write their own stylesheet as you did or
work to improve the existing one.

1. This Thread

I won't reply to any more posts; if anyone has any question, please contact me offlist. This part of the thread is not necessary, and not helpful. You could get back to simply collecting what the subject says: accessibility requirements (general, or for the docbook.sf.net XHTML XSLTs).

2. Summary

You have your specific set of requirements. Nothing will save you playing with the docbook.sourceforge.net if you want to find out if they meet your needs.

It's not about quality of output. It's about your idea of how the XHTML output should look. There is no single "correct" way, but endless different ways how to write out and structure XHTML.

As for potential misunderstandings:
Norm mostly was extremely open and responsive about my feedback; don't misunderstand me. The reason for my decision was: No package can ever meet all requirements of everyone. My decision doesn't say much about the docbook.sf.net XHTML XSLTs, but says a lot more about my requirements. I have very specific ideas of the XHTML I want (lots of general and specific stuff, not just validity), so I'm better off implementing that instead of asking others to implement it for me, or trying to warp one project to do what I want. Norm and I get along extremely well, and I won't let deliberate misinterpretations come between that.

Tobi

--
http://www.pinkjuice.com/