Re: saxon RPM for red hat?

Robert P. J. Day wrote:

based on the answer to my last email, i'm going to stick
with saxon 6.5.2 for my work. however, i went looking for
an RPM that would be compatible with RH 8.0, and all i could
find at www.rpmfind.net were mandrake cooker RPMs, which won't install as they have a dependency on kaffe. i don't see why i should have to install kaffe, as i already have
the latest java sdk from sun.

or do i forget about an RPM and just get the zip file
and dump it on my box? what's the common strategy here?

It's Java; since have java installed, just run Saxon.

Tobi

--
http://www.pinkjuice.com/