RE: HTML Help: Missing index

> There are two different ways to create index. They are controlled by
> htmlhelp.use.hhk parameter.

Thank you for pointing this out, it really helped.
I had set htmlhelp.use.hhk to "1" in my customization layer like this

<xsl:param name="htmlhelp.use.hhk" select="1"/>

because I thought "Yes, I want an index."
In this case I got an empty index in the *.chm and the described *.hhk file
with the whole index included and &lt;&gt; instead of <>.

Now I left the parameter 'htmlhelp.use.hhk' out of my customization layer
and got the *.chm with index as expected. I'm using the XSL-Stylesheets
Version 1.60.1 with Xalan-J 2.4.1

So the problem is solved for me, thank you very much.

Nevertheless I've not yet understood what the parameter 'htmlhelp.use.hhk'
is for and how I might use it the right way. I googled again for the term
and didn't find an answer to the questions why there are two ways to
generate indexes for HTML Help, what there differences are and when to use
which one.

Regards
Gisbert Amm