Re: Calling all XSL customization layers...

Norman Walsh wrote:

> At the very least, I think I'll start marking some of them as "public"
> so that I know I'm breaking things when I change them :-/

Good point. I just came across something which is not completely
unrelated to this issue. It might be usefull to add some sort of "hooks"
to several templates. This hook can be called after standard template to
change its behaviour slightly. Stylesheet can provide "identity hook" by
default which can be overriden by user code.

For example mediaobject.filename template is quite complex and if I want
to modify it to strip same aboslute parts of paths of images, I must
overwrite whole template which can change and improve in a future
releases of stylesheets. Such hook for postprocessing will be very
usable in this case and may be in other cases.

					Jirka

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz
  http://www.kosek.cz