RE: Automated indexterms? was"DOCBOOK: proper use of indexterm?"

> I duno, it really seems like it should be a local thing people do
> rather than something in the XSL stylesheets.  I don't really know how
> we could get it right for all possible uses (even if turned off by
> default of course), and correct me if I'm wrong but this is easy to do
> in the context of local configuration, no?

I suspect you're right--it would bloat the xsls with a feature that didn't quite meet the needs of anyone. The requirements are too specific to each group/user/doucment to be easily generalized and it's easy enough to put a simple preprocessing xsl in your build system if you really want all your database elements indexed. Never mind :)

David