Re: fop on Mac OS X

Quite a while back, Josh Kuperman <josh@ssimr.com> wrote:
>Does anyone know how to make fop work on Mac OS X. I seem to be having
>problems lately, though I swear at one time it worked alright.
[...]
>[INFO] FOP 0.20.5rc
>[INFO] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
[... More diagnostics deleted]

>Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
>javax/media/jai/PlanarImage
>        at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
>        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:115)

I ran into this today on my Linux box.  The FOP 0.20.5rc release notes say
to download the Jimi class library from Sun, and copy it/link to it in FOP's
lib directory with the name Jimi-1.0.jar.  Once I did that, the imagedata
elements rendered correctly, and the crash went away.

Jimi was included up until 0.20.3, but started being separate as of 0.20.4.
However, if you don't render images, you won't notice the problem.  Somewhere
along the line, the stylesheets started including to a "DRAFT" png file, which
probably made image rendering a much greater concern to FOP.

					Good luck,

					m@

+-mbraun@urbana.css.mot.com-+- I was chasin' a ghost pale and white ----------+
|   Matt Braun -- Motorola, |    and hard to see;  The boys in blue from      |
|Urbana/Champaign Design Ctr|  Peculiar School are hangin' out in the dark    |
+CellularSubscriberSomething+-- and they're lookin' for me. ------------[SR]-+