Re: comments on "Using the DocBook XSL Stylesheets"

On Sun, Dec 15, 2002 at 05:09:27PM -0600, Adam DiCarlo wrote:
> Sidenote: I really don't see what the big deal is though with mixing
> XML and SGML stuff in /usr/share/sgml -- most of the tools I happen to
> use work perfectly with both, and I haven't seen any big problems with

  If you give an SGML entity declaration to an XML parser in most case
the syntax is not XML and the parser has to stop with a fatal error.
I have seen big problems. If your tool works perfectly with both it
probably mean they are SGML tools or not compliants. The formers will
have a hard time with xml:base, xinclude, an in general any stuff added
to XML which wasn't present in SGML.

Daniel