Re: XInclude doesn't validate with xmllint

At 4:18 PM +0000 12/6/02, Nicholas Atkinson wrote:
My point was that I needed to add:

   xmlns:xinclude CDATA #FIXED "http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude";

to the <!ATTLIST of chapter

and remove:

   xmlns:xinclude CDATA #FIXED "http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude";

from the <!ATTLIST of xinclude:include

for the example to work.  At least, in my environment.
I don't think you should have had to do that. Which environment are you using?

What does XInclude do if the included document has an internal document type
declaration that redefines the
content models of elements, or when the included document is using DocBook
v4.1.2 and the including document is using DocBook v4.2 ?!
No problems. Each document is loaded separately and then merged. Each original, separate document uses the DTD it references. It does not care what other document's may or may not use.

| XML in a Nutshell, 2nd Edition (O'Reilly, 2002) |
| http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xian2/ |
| http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0596002920/cafeaulaitA/ |
| Read Cafe au Lait for Java News: http://www.cafeaulait.org/ |
| Read Cafe con Leche for XML News: http://www.cafeconleche.org/ |