Re: XML catalog documentation

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 12:30:29PM +0100, Jeanson Mauritz wrote:
> [...]

Well, I could have sworn I had the Xalan example working,
but it doesn't.  I don't think you are missing anything.
Xalan doesn't seem to apply the catalog to URIs on the
command line.  Period.  I can put the
CatalogManager.properties verbosity setting up to 4, and I
never see a message like:

resolve(http://docbook.sourceforge.net/...).

The first resolve attempt is for:

resolve(../VERSION)

which is the first reference in docbook.xsl to another
file.  So it never even tries to look up the argument
to the -XSL option from the command line.

But if I put the stylesheet reference in the file
like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xml"
  href="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/html/docbook.xsl";?>

Then the catalog is consulted and it works to find the
local file.   That shows that the catalog is working, but
how do we convince Xalan to use it on the
command line argument?  Saxon has the -u option
to do that.

                                            email: bobs@sco.com