Re: Re: Announce: DocBook XSL 1.58.0 test release

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 12:45:01PM -0500, Norman Walsh wrote:
> | But when I try to run it, it says it can't find the libxml2 library.
> | Is that a python library, or the standard libxml2 library?
> | (which is installed)
>
> I don't know. I thought the python bindings for libxml2 were
> automatically installed when you installed libxml2. If the import
> statement at the top of xslt.py can't find libxml2, I'm clueless.
>
> Daniel? Oh, Daniel?!... :-)

  Yeah, bob need to install the libxml2 and libxslt python bindings.
should be relatively easy on Linux (I ship RPMs for those libxml2-python
and libxslt-python) but you will need recent versions (more precisely
last Friday 2.4.27/1.0.23 releases :-) . This seems more bleeding edge
on Windows though someone at Zope was actually looking at it recently...

  The best solution may still be that now that we have a python description
of those extensions for libxslt to simply map them back to C and have
them registered within libxslt or libexslt :-)

  Oh and upcoming in the libxml2 front, the XML serializer no detects
XHTML1 Doctypes and applies the appropriate rules when selected, which
means that the xslt/docbook.xsl stylesheets will soon actually generate
correct XHTML1 . Should be available once I release libxml2 2.4.28 ....
(and xsl:output method="xhtml" ain't really needed :-)

Daniel