RE: simplified DocBk and XSL

I'm a little unclear as to what exactly you are asking.  Simplified DocBook and DocBk XML V3.1.5.1 are two different things.  DocBk v. 3.1.5.1 is simply an older version of DocBook, not necessarily simpler or more complex.  Simplified DocBook is an actual subset DTD, and may be what you are looking for.  I've never worked with Simplified DocBook, but I believe that the full DocBook stylesheets will run on a Simplified DocBook document.  As for the older versions of DocBook, we're still using a 3.1 version with the latest stylesheets without a problem.

Jeff Beal
-----Original Message-----
From: Shawn [mailto:javajunkie@koyuru.com]
Sent: Saturday, November 16, 2002 1:22 AM
To: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: simplified DocBk and XSL

If I use a simplifed version of DocBook ( such as DocBk XML V3.1.5.1.), will I still be able to use the stylesheets at docbook.sourceforge.net?

We're moving the userGuide for an open source project from .doc to DocBook xml, and it seems like a simplied version might suffice for our purposes.

If I knew it were a subset, I would assume they would work but since it's a 'simplified' version, I would really like to know before doing the conversion.

Considerately,

Shawn