Re: XInclude doesn't validate with xmllint

At 03:35 02/10/2002, John Himpel wrote:

>I am trying to validate two xml files using the modular document
>technique that Bob Stayton shows in www.sagehill.net.

>Command:
>xmllint --catalogs --noout --xinclude  --valid --dtdvalid
>http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd Caller.xml
>
>Result:
>Variable $SGML_CATALOG_FILES not set

Yes, I know you're on Linux and I'm on win32, but similarly to you,
I now use Daniels kit for parsing.

The set up needs you to have that global variable set, to
point to the catalog file?
  That allows Daniel to resolve all the http stuff to local files
using your catalog (brilliant ideas IMHO).

I hope that's all it is.

regards DaveP