From: "Billard, Trish" <trish.billard@hp.com>
To: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Cc: "Billard, Trish" <trish.billard@hp.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 3:10 AM
Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: ? Success of 1.55.0 chunk.xsl varies by windows
logon?

We've found a peculiar problem when using the docbook 1.55.0 stylesheets to
process some XML source for HTML Help output.

When I log onto the Windows 2000 machine, and execute the batch file that
calls the 1.55.0 stylesheets, things work fine.

When a different person logs on to the same machine and executes the SAME
batch file, the transformation fails completely.  He gets lots of errors,
starting with "Error at xsl:import on line 6 of file:/c:/Program
Files/Saxon/docbook-xsl-1.55.0/html/chunk.xsl:
  Failure reading
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/html/docbook.xsl: no more
input"

When we execute the batch file that calls the 1.54.1 stylesheets, things
work fine no matter who is logged on to the machine.

Looking at chunk.xsl in 1.55.0, I noticed that the import statements call
out the whole http://docbook.blah blah blah, but the chunk.xsl in 1.54.1
uses import statments that only refer to the file name (docbook.xsl and
chunk-common.xsl).  In fact, if I alter the import statments in 1.55.0
chunk.xsl to match the 1.54.1 chunk.xsl, his transformation is successful.

So, can anyone tell me why we get different results for the same operation
when the only difference is our windows logon?  What should I look for in
the user profile?

For now, we're staying with 1.54.1, but I'm concerned we could encounter
this problem in future releases of the stylesheets.  I'd like to get
consistent results, regardless of who runs the transformation.

Thanks,
--Trish