Re: Re: DOCBOOK: ready-to-go Win32 environment

Hello Bob,

It has a single point of contention (which wasn't an issue for me). It
needs to be installed on c:\ and it creates a directory named docbook.
So, if you already have a directory called c:\docbook, you have some
customization to do. You could just grep for the hardcoded references
and change them to something else.

I appreciate them putting this together. It is essentially a set of
batch files and all of the downloads necessary to get started. As
such, it is a nice working example of an XSL toolchain. I particularly
liked the batch files that created a new book or article. It creates a
reasonable directory structure for each.

Also, because the "environment" is held together by batch files, it is
easy to customize. For example, all of their batch files clear the
console before they run. I don't like that, so I changed them.

-- David

Tuesday, September 17, 2002, 10:44:01 AM, you wrote:

bobs> [Moved to docbook-apps]

>> Hi list,
>>
>> I have created a ready-to-go DocBook Environment for Win32 systems that
>> installs in few seconds, does not put any rubbish into the registry or
>> Windows directory and makes single HTML, chunked HTML and PDF generation
>> from DocBook XML a snap. HTML help support will be available soon,
>> hopefully.
>> I4ve put it up for download along with some documentation at
>> http://docbook.e-novative.de
>>
>> I am looking forward to your feedback, ideas, criticism. Anybody
>> interested in participating please let me know.
>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Steve
>>----------------------------------------------
>>e-novative> - e-Business Software & Solutions

bobs> This looks very interesting.  I would like to test it, but I'm
bobs> concerned that installing it might interfere with my
bobs> existing DocBook processing environment (which includes
bobs> the Java tools).  Can you address this concern?
bobs> Is your DocBook environment entirely self- contained?
bobs> Is there anything I should watch out for?

--
David Mitchell
Sprint - University of Excellence