xmlns attribute in xhtml output...

Sorry for this one, I suspect it's a real chestnut.

Processing my sdbook file with xsltproc and the xhtml/docbook.xsl from version 1.55.0 on Win2K, I'm getting xmlns attributes in every html output tag.

Neither my XMetal validator nor my Homesite validator like this very much, not at all, in fact.

I assumed the xhtml would be valid out of the box, so to speak; is there a parameter or command switch that needs to be set to get rid of the namespace attribution?

Thanks. ...edN