Re: DOCBOOK: Announce: BibTex for Docbook

On Tuesday 03 September 2002 13:37, Michael Smith wrote:
> > Comments on the article and the software are welcomed.
>
> The application looks interesting and the article is a nice concise
> intro. But one thing it doesn't discuss is how JReference is similar to
> or different from Markus Hoenicka's RefDB:
>
>   http://refdb.sourceforge.net/
>
> They seem like similar applications. Are they?

They are indeed similar. (BTW, thanx for the reminder... In some past
history I once had email contact with the author of RefDB...) The downside
of RefDB is that it need a MySQL backend... JReferences does not need
that and hence also runs on Windows (without cygwin).
If that is no problem, then RefDB is a very nice program...

BTW, JReferences can use MySQL too as backend... And I actually would
like to write a filter so that RefDB can be used as backend too... (that
agenda points originates from the time I had contact with the RefDB author
a long time ago...)

BTW2, I posted to docbook@ because I thought I would like to receive comments
from people involved in the development of DocBook (both DTD as processing
tools)...

Egon