Re: Manually Chunking with PIs

Am Montag, 2. September 2002 16:42 schrieb Jirka Kosek:
> Janning Vygen wrote:
> > 3. Directories cant be created by the XSLT Processor. Does
> > anybody has written a stylesheet converting toc file to a shell
> > script which creates all needed directories?
>
> This depends on OS and processor used. E.g. Saxon on Windows is
> able to create directory if it doesn't exists yet.

Yes, you are right. I forgot to say that i am using linux and
xsltproc. Saxon uses java api to extend the possibilities and it
works on linux as well as on windows.

But I think the approach of using saxon extensions isn't very useful
because xsl stylesheets should be portable.

Wouldn't it be better to have an XSL Stylesheet which generates a
file with the needed directories?

kind regards,
janning

--