Re: SGML vs XML

/ Yann Dirson <ydirson@users.sourceforge.net> was heard to say:
|>On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 01:59:34PM +0000, Trevor Jenkins wrote:
|> If as many SGML books had been written in the same length of time
|> then there would be no need for XML.

Oh, I think that's an overstatement. Writing SGML parsers is hard.
Writing XML parsers is easy (almost trivial by comparison).

Even if implementing the full range of existing XML specifications
would be hard, the fact that it was possible to get off the ground
with something easy contributed to XML's success.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Even while a thing is in the act